Friday, 2009-05-29

*** tpb has joined #melange00:00
*** mithro_ has quit IRC00:30
*** mithro_ has joined #melange00:30
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v mithro_00:30
*** tansell--laptop has joined #melange01:16
*** tansell_laptop has quit IRC01:18
*** ianmarcinkowski has left #melange02:53
*** mithro_ has quit IRC03:38
*** mithro_ has joined #melange03:39
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v mithro_03:39
*** ankitg has joined #melange03:56
*** ankitg has quit IRC04:00
*** tansell--laptop has quit IRC04:36
*** mithro_ has quit IRC04:36
*** ankitg_ has joined #melange05:57
*** MatthewWilkes has joined #melange06:00
*** ajaksu has joined #melange06:51
*** MatthewWilkes has quit IRC06:58
*** florinciu has joined #melange07:22
*** MatthewWilkes has joined #melange07:47
*** arvind_khadri has joined #melange08:47
*** arvind_khadri has quit IRC08:57
*** arvind_khadri has joined #melange08:58
*** Merio has joined #melange09:25
*** mithro_ has joined #melange10:09
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v mithro_10:09
*** mithro_ is now known as mithro10:13
*** madrazr has joined #melange10:26
*** madrazr has left #melange10:42
*** mithro has quit IRC11:28
*** arvind_khadri has quit IRC12:13
*** solydzajs has joined #melange13:19
*** ChanServ sets mode: +o solydzajs13:19
*** Lennie has joined #melange13:23
*** ChanServ sets mode: +o Lennie13:23
*** MatthewWilkes has quit IRC13:34
*** dhaun has joined #melange13:42
Meriosolydzajs: Lennie: Hi!! All ok there? :) Conference call confirmed?13:49
Lenniehi Merio :)13:49
solydzajsMerio: hey, well yep :-) we are wondering who will join us ;-)13:49
LennieErant: WASSUP!13:49
ErantOhai13:50
ErantDoing gud. Considering. :P13:50
Meriosolydzajs: I will for sure :) Conference in ten minutes or I've messed timezones? Meeting agenda?13:50
solydzajsMerio: yep in 10 minutes ;-)13:51
*** SRabbelier has joined #melange13:57
*** ChanServ sets mode: +o SRabbelier13:57
MerioSRabbelier: hi :)13:57
SRabbelierMerio: o hi13:58
SRabbelierMerio: we're all in the same room here, are you ok with doing an IRC chat instead?13:58
MerioSRabbelier: No probs, in the IRC way I can understand what you guys are saying, so better :P14:00
MerioSRabbelier: :P14:00
SRabbelierMerio: yup, that was a consideration too :)14:01
MerioSRabbelier: :D14:02
SRabbelierajaksu: ping14:02
solydzajsokie dokie I'm here :-)14:02
solydzajsMerio: finally I/O is over and I can go thru all the emails regarding Stas14:03
solydzajsstats14:03
Meriosolydzajs: great ^__^ I would like feedback from all of you also to the last one I've sent today, as it would imply changes in the design. Don't know if you've read it14:04
SRabbelierOk, so agenda:14:05
SRabbelier1. Brief discussion on what we got done during the all hands14:05
Merio(and then after the Melange meeting I want to know details about Google I/O ^__^)14:05
solydzajsMerio: I didn't yet, but I'm planning to after the meeting14:05
solydzajsMerio: sure ;-)14:05
SRabbelier2. discuss progress of Merio's GSoC so far14:06
SRabbelier3. discuss plans for the next month14:06
SRabbelierjamtoday: ping?14:06
Meriosolydzajs: I would like to put it in the agenda of this meeting (perhaps during point 2 :P)14:06
Lenniewould be nice if James is here :)14:07
Lenniewe could call him :P14:07
Lenniefree phone calls thanks to T-mobile (sponsored by Carls Jr.)14:07
Lennie:D14:07
LennieIdiocraty (or something like that) ftw14:07
Lenniegood movie :P14:08
SRabbelierLennie: Idiocracy?14:08
solydzajsMerio: ok sounds good14:08
Lennieperhaps14:08
Meriosolydzajs: thx :)14:09
Lenniehold on Merio fixing something :P14:12
MerioLennie: what's going on? :)14:12
*** Merio was kicked by Lennie (Rejoin)14:12
*** Merio has joined #melange14:13
Lenniehmm14:13
Lennielame :(14:13
MerioLennie: you kicked me! :"(14:13
Merio:)14:13
LennieMerio: Have you authenticated?14:13
solydzajsok lets talk about what we discussed during out meeting here14:14
MerioLennie: no, should I?14:14
Lennieif you want voice yes :P14:14
Lennie./msg Nickserv hello :)14:14
solydzajsMerio: Lennie : just ping me when you guys solve the nickname freenode auth problem and we will continue with the meeting14:15
Lenniejust continue :P14:15
Lenniewe can do that later14:15
SRabbeliersolydzajs: ^^^14:15
SRabbelierso, the goals of our meeting were14:16
SRabbelier'GSoC Survey progress, do we feel ready for it? '14:16
SRabbelierWe've talked with James Levy on the progress of surveys14:16
SRabbelierhe is handing the work over to ajaksu as GSoC has started14:17
solydzajsyep I think our discussion with James was good, I think he is now pretty confident how the Surveys module should work14:18
solydzajsyou agree guys ?14:18
Lenniehmm14:18
MerioLennie: I've set the password one year ago, can't remember it, is there a command to recover it?14:18
LennieJames might know but does ajaksu ?14:18
LennieMerio, I'll help you soon :)14:18
SRabbeliersolydzajs: he is, I'll ask him to convey what needs to be done to ajaksu and make sure that it gets done before midterm14:18
MerioLennie: ok ^_^14:18
SRabbelierLennie: ^^^14:19
solydzajsajaksu and James will have to sync14:19
solydzajsI will put some info in Melange All Hands Meeting Summary too14:19
LennieThere is no deadline set for the functionality, I think we should set it14:19
solydzajsSRabbelier: yes14:19
solydzajswe have month left14:19
MerioYesterday I've told ajaksu that I might help with JS if they find something blocking14:20
Lennieany suggestoins?14:20
LennieMerio, cool14:20
solydzajsI would say 20th of June for Surveys14:20
SRabbeliersolydzajs: let's go with 22nd to include a weekend14:21
solydzajsok14:21
solydzajssounds good14:21
Lennieokay, so14:22
Lenniewe need to convey to ajaksu that we'd like to see the functinality that is required for the mid-term survey in there by the 22nd14:22
Lennieand ofocurse we need to give him support whenever we can14:22
solydzajsI agree14:22
solydzajswe can schedule meeting with him14:23
Lenniemeeting for...?14:23
solydzajsdiscussing Surveys with him14:23
Lenniehmm14:23
Lenniethat would need to happen fairly quickly to be effective14:24
SRabbelierLennie: would you rather update a wiki page instead?14:24
Lenniehm14:25
Lennieyeah14:25
Lennieif someone feels up to writing a wiki page about what needs to be done14:26
SRabbelierLennie: we have a wiki page on it already14:26
LennieThe view James had wasn't clear14:26
Lennieso either he didn't read it14:26
Lennieor else the Wiki is wrong14:26
SRabbelierLennie: it's fairly detailed, and I'll ask him to update the wiki ?14:26
SRabbelierLennie: mhh, could be14:26
LennieThe wiki doesn't look clear to me14:28
solydzajsMerio: what is the status of Stats module work can you give me quick summary ? I will read the emails in a bit but just want to get up to date14:28
Lennieatleast not up to date14:28
SRabbelierLennie: correct14:28
Lennieso14:29
Lenniewhat are we going to do about that?14:29
SRabbelierLennie: ask him to update it, and then do another edit ourselves?14:29
Lenniewhat timeframe would that be?14:30
Meriosolydzajs: So, Daniel worked on a spike solution to collect students per age and to display it as a simple JSON object14:30
SRabbelierLennie: I would like him to have it updated before the end of this weekend14:30
solydzajsMerio: ok so he worked on the backend python part right ?14:30
solydzajsMerio: and how did that go ?14:31
Lennielike is a big word14:31
Meriosolydzajs: in the meantime I've played with Visualization API, confirmed my JSON structure and iteration worked, then I had a meeting with him and he explained me his code14:31
Lenniebut he's not here right now so we can't be sure of that14:31
Meriosolydzajs: it seems ok, he solved the memcache issue, so now the JSON is memcached as well14:31
SRabbelierLennie: correct, if he does not we'll have to do it ourselves14:31
solydzajsMerio: awesome, is it all covered in emails ?14:31
Meriosolydzajs: he was going to work to cleaner code, but today I didn't talk with him14:32
SRabbeliersolydzajs: what do you mean with covered in emails?14:32
Meriosolydzajs: I think so, I've sent meeting notes as well14:32
*** Lennie has quit IRC14:33
solydzajsSRabbelier: whether discussion about the progress is on melange-soc-dev group thread14:33
solydzajsMerio: ok thanks14:33
solydzajsMerio: so what is your plan for upcoming week ?14:34
*** Lennie_ has joined #melange14:34
Meriosolydzajs: in the meantime I've studied jQueryUI and found another way to send JSONs, I've found a Python library already done to send JSONs compatible with Google Visualization API constructor14:34
*** Lennie_ has quit IRC14:34
MerioLennie_: wb :)14:34
SRabbelierMerio: I saw your email about that14:35
*** Lennie has joined #melange14:35
*** ChanServ sets mode: +o Lennie14:35
Lenniehmm14:35
Lenniecrash ^_^14:35
Meriosolydzajs: well it depends on what you all think about my last email14:35
SRabbelierMerio: what's the advantage over constructing the JSON string yourself?14:35
MerioLennie: wb x 2 :)14:35
MerioSRabbelier: it simplifies things a little bit: the JSON is already constructed and we can pass it easily to the JavaScript constructor that gives the data to Visualization chart14:36
MerioSRabbelier: no need to iterate over it to create one14:36
MerioSRabbelier: Also it exports to CSV and TSV for Excel (and to HTML), all built-in14:36
SRabbelierMerio: ok, that does sound useful :)14:37
MerioSRabbelier: furthermore, I think it would help structuring the Python code in a "templating way" for each statistic. If I'm not wrong it cares also about the order_by14:37
SRabbelierMerio: what do you mean with in a "templating way"?14:38
MerioSRabbelier: it can output the JSON string (for DB and memcache), a JSONresponse to the browser and also JavaScript (but I'd leave it for debug purposes only)14:38
solydzajsyep Visualization API is awesome14:38
SRabbelierMerio: JSONresponse?14:39
MerioSRabbelier: I mean, what we've done with duplicates for example... ask an URL and receive back a JSON14:40
solydzajsok so by JSONresponse you mean ajax call with JSON response ?14:40
SRabbelierMerio: ah, ok, I thought you meant like http.HttpResponse :)14:40
Meriocheck it out ==> http://code.google.com/apis/visualization/documentation/dev/gviz_api_lib.html#tojsonresponseexample14:41
tpb<http://ln-s.net/3F+I> (at code.google.com)14:41
MerioIt just prints the JSON14:41
MerioSRabbelier: but I see headers, so perhaps something like that, let me see the source code14:42
solydzajsoh right14:42
SRabbelierMerio: ok, i see14:42
Merio(code here => http://code.google.com/p/google-visualization-python)14:42
tpb<http://ln-s.net/3F+L> (at code.google.com)14:42
MerioHere the JSON response => http://code.google.com/p/google-visualization-python/source/browse/trunk/gviz_api.py#94214:43
tpb<http://ln-s.net/3F+M> (at code.google.com)14:43
SRabbelierMerio: ah, nice, you said you got your own code working, how about getting a working sample combining this and daniel's code?14:43
MerioSRabbeleir: actually I've stopped a bit yesterday because I would like to know if we're going to integrate this library... obviously it's a little different14:44
MerioSRabbelier: ^^14:44
solydzajsMerio: I will have a look at this lib today14:45
SRabbelierMerio: ah, fair enough :)14:45
MerioSRabbelier: My "working" code it's in the wiki, just to copy and paste it in the Ajax Playground and it works with a mock JSON object. But obviously that's useless code if I get the JSON already done by the server and passed to the Visualization constructor14:45
SRabbelierMerio: that's why you wrote the "Design for Statistics, JSON output, Visualization query language and JLinq" email right?14:45
SRabbelierMerio: yup, I saw your code :)14:46
MerioSRabbelier: yep, that's another topic too14:46
Meriosolydzajs: great!14:46
MerioSRabbelier: especially about visualization query language and jLinq14:46
SRabbelierMerio: did you talk about this with Daniel too?14:47
MerioSRabbelier: it might lead us to expose non-cooked tables (with rights on fields, obviously) and then play with them client side14:47
SRabbelierMerio: what do you mean with non-cooked?14:47
solydzajsMerio: is Daniel aware of google-visualization-python project?14:48
MerioSRabbelier: say, to remain in the example of my mail: a table with "age":"number_of_students"14:48
MerioSRabbelier: then the range of the ages can be played over in pure JavaScript, dynamically by the user14:49
MerioSRabbelier: querying the simple JSON object with jLinq14:49
Meriosolydzajs: yes, I've sent him the link as soon as I've found it yesterday14:49
solydzajsMerio: ok thanks a bunch14:50
Meriosolydzajs: during our meeting => http://www.thousandparsec.net/~irc/logm/%23melange.2009-05-28.log.html#t2009-05-28T12:48:5814:50
tpb<http://ln-s.net/3F+S> (at www.thousandparsec.net)14:50
SRabbelierMerio: ah, rather than decide up front which 'buckets' we want?14:50
solydzajsMerio: reading now14:50
Meriosolydzajs: but then I've found link over link, I've asked him to wait for me exploring... and then I've come with the idea of the mail beause it's a change in the design that needs to be discussed with you guys before14:50
MerioSRabbelier: yep. You can then save the resulting JSON of the "query" over the original JSON, and then... well "saved personal stats"... easy including in the documents by saved name... and so on...14:52
SRabbelierMerio: ok, are there any downsides to using that library that you are aware of?14:52
MerioSRabbelier: you mean jLinq?14:52
SRabbelierMerio: yes14:52
MerioSRabbelier: As I've written in the mail, I didn't explore and tried it. I've read the documentation however. I need to test it, but... well, obviously I needed your agreement before spending time on that14:53
Merio"your" meaning all of you :) well let's keep this meaning of "you" as a default for the meeting :P14:54
SRabbeliereheh, np14:55
SRabbelierMerio: I say it's good to investigate this library, as it seems like it'd be very useful to do exactly what we want (user-defined statistics)14:55
MerioSRabbelier: cherry on the cake, today I've found this tutorial built over jQuery UI => http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/javascript-ajax/inettuts/14:56
tpb<http://ln-s.net/3F+W> (at net.tutsplus.com)14:57
MerioSRabbelier: which leads to this kind of interface => http://nettuts.s3.amazonaws.com/127_iNETTUTS/demo/index.html14:57
tpb<http://ln-s.net/3F+X> (at nettuts.s3.amazonaws.com)14:57
SRabbelierMerio: *looks*14:57
MerioNotice the "edit" parts... working over it a bit and there's the interface to edit your own chart ;)14:57
SRabbelierMerio: looks cool, but why do we want these draggable boxes?14:58
solydzajsSRabbelier: to customize dashboards14:59
Meriocompare similar statistics for example14:59
Meriosolydzajs: yep14:59
SRabbelierMerio: so you add new statistics as new boxes?14:59
Lennie^_^14:59
Lenniepage looks cool15:00
MerioIn my mind there should be a sort of "taskbar" when you close a box, and then a fisheye thing to reopen them... but I'm flying to high :P15:00
MerioSRabbelier: yep, or open a "saved" one15:00
SRabbelierMerio: fancy pancy15:01
Lenniehehe15:01
Lenniesounds like an interesting approach to me Merio15:02
MerioLennie: I'm glad :)15:02
SRabbelierMerio: would definitely score you a lot of brownie points :)O15:02
Lennieroflmao15:02
Lenniehow about a Snickers cheescake?15:03
Lennieso15:03
Lenniehmm15:03
LennieI kinda crashed15:03
SRabbelierLennie: you crashed?15:03
Lenniecould you give me like a 5 line summary of what the status is :)?15:03
Lennieyeah 30 min ago :P15:03
*** dhans has joined #melange15:03
MerioLennie: hmm good... I've tasted cheesecake only the first day I came here in Dublin.. never tasted in Italy ^_^15:03
SRabbelierdhans: heya!15:03
Lennieto rephrase it15:03
LennieMerio and Dhans15:03
Meriodhans: hi!!15:04
Lenniecould you both give me a 5 line summary on the status of your work :D?15:04
dhansHey you all:)15:04
dhansmy apologies for being late15:04
SRabbelierdhans: np15:05
MerioLennie: for what concerns me. Bitbucket repository set on by Daniel, joined (so we're in sync with his current code... and our future code :)), had a meeting with him and kindly he dealt with my Python knowle... ehm... ignorance :P, then explored jQueryUI and that things we talked about/mailed about (also for JS layer refactoring, but that's not about GSoC/stats, but took time :))15:08
dhansLennie: ok, so I already added a view to manage stats collection, a view to see current fields of a stat, created some kind of framework that allows to add new similar stats quite easily, resolved problems with memcache that I had, and read a little bit documentation which Merio send about some apis to visualize our stats15:08
durin42yay, peoples exist15:09
durin42Does anyone have anything that'll be pushed to hg soon?15:09
Lennieok15:09
Lenniecool15:09
Lenniehi durin42  :)15:09
LennieMerio, dhans thanks for the update :)15:09
durin42I think I fixed buildbot15:09
durin42but I need someone to push a change to find out15:09
Lenniewoot :P15:09
LenniePawel just pushed something15:09
dhansLennie: I'll try to put some updates on wiki soon15:10
durin42oh, pawel did15:10
durin42solydzajs: how long ago was that push?15:11
MerioSo, it's ok for me to do some playing with jLinq tomorrow?15:13
SRabbelierdurin42: 16 minutes ago15:13
durin42hmm15:13
SRabbelierMerio: yes, go wild15:13
durin42SRabbelier: taht's the timestamp15:13
durin42oh, 10-ish mins ago on the push15:13
durin42sad15:13
durin42probably means buildbot poller didn't notice :(15:14
Lennie:(15:14
SRabbelierdurin42: for shame15:14
Lenniethat sucks15:14
MerioSRabbelier: that's what I wanted to hear ^__^15:15
SRabbelierok, so, plans for next month15:15
SRabbelierdhans, Merio: do you know what to do next?15:15
SRabbelierI think Merio does, but what about you dhans?15:15
dhansSRabbelier: actually I am not sure:)15:15
MerioSRabbelier: I think it depends also on what we're gonna do. We can integrate the python library for "cooked" visualizations15:16
MerioSRabbelier: but we might need to do some "half-cooked" JSON as well if we integrate jLinq15:16
Lennieplans for next month, for who :)?15:16
SRabbelierMerio: yes, I think we want both, agreed15:16
MerioSRabbelier: so we need (after Pawel reviewed it) to integrate that Python library, so as a spike solution we can see some graphs15:17
SRabbelierLennie: for our students and ourselves?15:17
Lenniek15:17
SRabbelierMerio: yes, ack15:17
MerioSRabbelier: in the meantime I can work on jLinq and so we can have a better understanding on what we need15:18
MerioSRabbelier: only my thoughts however ^__^15:18
SRabbelierdhans: how come you are not sure? :)15:18
dhansSRabbelier: because there are two options that I see: to continue backend developing or focus on helping Mario with visualization15:19
LennieI guess we're better off closing the meeting :p15:20
Lennietoo much talking going on outside of IRC now15:20
Lenniethanks for the updates dhans and Merio15:21
dhansMerio: if it's ok I may help with integrating this python library you shown yesterday?15:21
Lenniewe can keep talking about stats though :)15:21
SRabbelierdhans: I think you two should focus on that together, yes :)15:22
Meriodhans: I think it could be useful, so you'll send JSON strings already ... ready for Visualizations15:22
dhansMerio: exactly:)15:22
MerioSRabbelier: yep, I need to work a little on jLinq and explore with dhans what we might need to do that kind of thing also backend side, to support "cooked" and "half-cooked" version both15:23
SRabbelierMerio: I want make sure you are working on backend as well15:24
dhansMerio: is "half-cooked" explained in some documentation I should have read?:)15:24
MerioSRabbelier: yes, for sure, it's only that what's in jLinq and after I'll play with it I can have a better idea on what we need backend side... and join Daniel's code15:25
Meriodhans: eheh just new terms from last minutes :P15:26
Meriodhans: if you read my last email on the dev list15:26
SRabbelierMerio: ok, good :)15:26
Meriodhans: I was talking about using jLinq to query over, say, a JSON with "age":"number_of_students", and let the user play with some GUI component, selecting the ranges that the user wants15:27
dhansMerio: I read, but probably didn't focus on that:P I'll take a look again15:27
Meriodhans: that's an "half-cooked" JSON :P we will be filtering the fields but not preparing the JSON for visualizations, as it might change user-side15:27
MerioThat would be a "full cooked" JSON :P15:28
dhansMerio: ok, thank you for explanation:)15:28
Meriodhans: so that means we're now in the Google Summer of Cook15:29
dhansMerio: :P15:29
SRabbelierMerio: we are :D15:29
Meriodhans: and afterwards, if we want some drink, the Google Summer of Coke15:29
MerioSRabbelier: great, going to take a glass of Coke myself to join you so :P15:30
* Merio drinking coke... cheers :P15:30
dhansMerio: sometimes I'd call it Google Summer of Beer:)15:31
dhansMerio: because this's what I need now:P15:31
Meriodhans: come here in Dublin ^__^ It's a paradise ^_^15:31
dhansMerio: based on what I heard about Ireland I can't disagree:)15:32
MerioAh... my girlfriend exams date are known now, so we're going to plan our travel throughout Europe during July... I can come in Netherlands so, will let you know when :)15:33
Meriodhans: based on what I can see in Temple Bar on Saturdays ... I can assure you :) :P15:34
* jamtoday missed the delayed conference call!15:35
SRabbelierdhans: ok, so do you know now what's up?15:35
dhansMerio: :)15:35
SRabbelierjamtoday: we changed and had an IRC meeting instead :P15:35
jamtodaySrabbelier: okay...im catching up on the logs now....15:36
SRabbelierjamtoday: dude, what's up with being late though? :P15:36
dhansSRabbelier: by what's up you mean what to do next?15:36
SRabbelierdhans: yes15:36
dhansSRabbelier: yes15:36
SRabbelierdhans: win15:36
dhansSRabbelier: I will :)15:37
jamtodaySRabbelier: apologies. i went out to do errands this morning and didnt look at my calendar15:37
Meriodhans: check this out also, we might come with an interface like this => http://nettuts.s3.amazonaws.com/127_iNETTUTS/demo/index.html15:38
tpb<http://ln-s.net/3F+X> (at nettuts.s3.amazonaws.com)15:38
dhansok, if you need me, I'll be in about 10 minutes, because I have to go to a store before it's closed15:38
*** florinciu has quit IRC15:39
* Merio going to test jLinq15:40
jamtodayI was planning on posting about the latest with surveys....it should be ready for midterms long before the 22nd, there's just a couple small areas I'm having some trouble with, and then it'll need tests and refactoring15:40
jamtodayand I need to merge upstream with ajaksu's latest15:41
SRabbelierjamtoday: ok, but you'll need to hand over to ajaksu soon and start on your GSoC15:42
jamtodayalright...i'd really like to finish the outstanding stuff today15:44
SRabbelierjamtoday: ok, that's good15:44
jamtodayit's really just the access for taking surveys that's giving me trouble15:44
SRabbelierjamtoday: is that the only thing that needs to be done?15:44
SRabbelierjamtoday: also, I think you should leave the tests to ajaksu15:44
jamtodaySRabbelier: i also need to finish scripting an "activate grades" button that shows up after the deadline has passed and updates each project to the newest grade from each mentor who has taken the survey15:47
SRabbelierjamtoday: don't worry about that, I'll work with ajaksu to have that done using Tasks15:48
jamtodaySRabbelier: okay15:49
SRabbelierjamtoday: can you finish the code you want to finish today, and then have the wiki updated with what needs done this weekend?15:50
jamtodaySRabbelier: sure15:51
SRabbelierjamtoday: awesome15:55
jamtodayajaksu: I'm going to pull your latest and cherry pick the changes...which modules have you been updating?15:57
SRabbelierjamtoday: he's not here16:04
* SRabbelier is off for lunch16:23
*** lisppaste9 has quit IRC16:34
*** lisppaste9 has joined #melange16:43
*** ajaksu has quit IRC17:20
*** James--Crook has joined #melange17:20
James--CrookLennie: ping?17:21
*** dhans has left #melange17:32
LennieJames--Crook: pong17:49
James--CrookLennie: pung17:57
Lennie:)17:57
Lenniewassup?17:57
James--CrookAbout the 'difficulty' of adding a checkbox :-)17:57
James--CrookI don't get it.17:57
James--CrookHow come host has different access rights to ordinary user?17:58
James--Crook(if as you say access rights are hard coded)17:58
Lenniehmm17:58
James--CrookThere is clearly a look up being done in some model....17:58
James--CrookAnd it is that that needs ot be a bit more sophisticated.  Only a bit.17:59
Lennieto allow for...?17:59
Lennienormal users being able to do the same stuff as a host?17:59
Lenniethey would need a host profile for that17:59
James--CrookTo allow for enabling certain features for all users...18:00
James--CrookDoesn't python support 'or' :-) ??18:00
Lenniethe datastore doesn't :P18:01
James--CrookWell, from my point of view this is what has to already be happening:  The http request comes in complete with a key of some kind.18:02
SRabbelierLennie: as said in my e-mail, why can we not use a decorator?18:02
James--CrookThat key has to be looked up somewhere.18:02
James--CrookAt the moment the look-up is giving us certain rights.18:02
James--CrookSRabbelier: are you in the same room as Lennie at the moment?18:04
Lennieyeah he is ^^18:04
James--CrookSo, do I let you too argue it out and then come back later?  (Easier for me :-) )18:05
Lenniehehe18:05
SRabbelierJames--Crook: or we could perhaps make it possible to send/auto-accept a 'become a host' request?18:07
* James--Crook assumes that SRabbelierand Lennie are talking animatedly.18:07
SRabbelierJames--Crook: that way, no code fiddling required, and it is possible to actually test whether permissions are working properly18:07
*** jamtoday has quit IRC18:07
James--CrookSRabbelier: possible too.  Hmm.  Lennie, what's your take on that?18:08
James--Crookeasier?18:08
Lenniehmm18:08
Lennieperhaps18:08
Lennieatleast its better than a decorator :)18:08
James--CrookI just don't get what is difficult.  It is a lack of understanding on my part.18:09
James--CrookI think the auto accept host would work too...18:09
James--CrookOnly issue is that I am being scrupulous about only having one gmail account/id18:09
James--Crookwhich I think was something I agreed to when I signed up for gmail.18:10
Lenniewhat do you mean?18:10
Lennie(with the one id thingy)18:10
James--CrookIt was a long time ago, so I may be completely wrong here, but I think I agreed not to use multiple gmail accounts...18:11
Lenniefor?18:11
James--CrookI think or thought it was part of the agreement, and so that people don't use lots of accounts to increase their mail quota...18:13
Lennieok18:13
LennieI'm just wondering why that is a problem at the moment :D?18:14
Lenniewhat does it have to do with this 'debug' mode18:14
James--CrookIf as a host I can answer survey questions that's fine...18:15
Lennieyeah you should be able to18:15
SRabbelierJames--Crook: you are allowed to have multiple gmail accounts sez leslie18:15
Lennieor google accounts atleast :P18:15
Lennieyou can register with some other mail address ;d18:15
James--CrookAha.  Ok then I will create some more :-)18:15
James--CrookSo to summarise, the auto-approve of host *would* be a workable solution for our test debug.  Is that what we are going with?18:17
Lennieyes18:18
Lenniesounds fine18:18
James--CrookFine.  Problem solved then.  Thanks Lennie, thanks Sverre.  I'll add a note on the e-mail trail.18:18
Lennieok cool18:20
*** dhaun has quit IRC18:21
*** James--Crook has left #melange18:34
Lenniedurin42: another push has been done18:42
Lenniedurin42:  if you are interested :P18:42
SRabbelier /me runs18:54
SRabbeliercheers!18:55
*** SRabbelier has quit IRC19:02
*** solydzajs has quit IRC19:02
*** Lennie has quit IRC19:03
*** jamtoday has joined #melange19:21
*** Merio has quit IRC19:34
*** solydzajs has joined #melange22:41
*** ChanServ sets mode: +o solydzajs22:41
*** Lennie has joined #melange22:45
*** Lennie is now known as Guest7674822:45
*** ChanServ sets mode: +o Guest7674822:51
*** Guest76748 is now known as Lennie22:51
*** solydzajs has quit IRC23:32
*** Lennie has quit IRC23:40

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.13.1 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!