Tuesday, 2008-12-02

*** tpb has joined #melange00:00
*** madrazr has quit IRC00:29
*** mithro has quit IRC01:00
*** SRabbelier has joined #melange01:15
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v SRabbelier01:15
*** Lennie has joined #melange02:48
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v Lennie02:48
Lenniegood morning02:49
*** madrazr has joined #melange02:50
summatusmentisit's... kinda morning02:56
*** madrazr has left #melange02:57
*** solydzajs has joined #melange03:49
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v solydzajs03:49
*** solydzajs has quit IRC04:05
*** solydzajs has joined #melange04:27
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v solydzajs04:27
*** solydzajs_ has joined #melange04:37
*** madrazr has joined #melange04:43
*** solydzajs has quit IRC04:52
*** Lennie has quit IRC06:55
*** mithro has joined #melange07:16
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v mithro07:16
*** MatthewWilkes has joined #melange07:17
*** mithro has quit IRC08:24
*** madrazr has quit IRC08:29
*** madrazr has joined #melange08:37
*** Lennie has joined #melange09:02
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v Lennie09:02
*** madrazr has left #melange09:05
*** madrazr has joined #melange09:42
*** madrazr has quit IRC11:53
*** madrazr has joined #melange11:54
*** madrazr has left #melange11:57
*** Lennie is now known as Lennie|Gone12:15
*** MatthewWilkes has quit IRC12:48
*** MatthewWilkes has joined #melange12:55
*** madrazr has joined #melange12:57
*** solydzajs_ has quit IRC12:59
*** Lennie|Gone is now known as Lennie13:14
*** MatthewWilkes has quit IRC13:31
*** solydzajs has joined #melange13:56
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v solydzajs13:56
solydzajsSRabbelier: lh: Lennie: ping13:59
*** lh_ has joined #melange14:00
SRabbeliersolydzajs: pong14:00
solydzajslh_: ping :-)14:00
Lennieback :)14:00
lh_solydzajs: pong14:01
solydzajsok :-)14:01
solydzajswe are all here14:01
lh_solydzajs: your meeting, let's get this party started14:01
solydzajsokie dokie14:02
solydzajsso quick update first14:02
solydzajsLennie: what's the status , what are you working on right now ?14:02
*** madrazr has left #melange14:02
solydzajsLennie: and what you plan to work on till Friday ?14:02
Lenniesolydzajs: Finished the notifications for a new user. Now working on turning the linkid's into lower case.14:03
LennieShouldnt take me that long14:03
Lenniebut I'm not sure how much time I can spend till Friday, I have a volleyball match tomorrow and also friday is a holiday here :)14:04
solydzajsok you think you can finish lowercase stuff till Friday ?14:05
solydzajscause on Friday we are freezing for demo14:05
Lenniesolydzajs: Probably have it today, its not much because we haven't complete revamped the forms yet14:05
solydzajsLennie: ok what is next task you would like to work on ?14:05
Lenniejust an extra .lower() ^^14:05
Lenniesolydzajs: At the moment I have no idea what I can do before friday due to my limited scheldule, if you have something in mind go ahead.14:06
solydzajsLennie: not necessary finished till friday just in general14:06
LennieIs it okay if I get back on that?14:08
solydzajsok14:08
solydzajsSRabbelier: what's the status ?14:10
solydzajsSRabbelier: I will look at the Programs commits today14:10
solydzajsSRabbelier: What do you think is feasible till Friday ?14:10
SRabbeliersolydzajs: I'm working on a scoped decorator14:10
SRabbelierso that we can do views that require a scope14:10
SRabbelierof if they didn't get one14:10
SRabbelier-> redirect to list page where the user selects the scope14:10
SRabbelierI was about to apply the same fix as what I did for programs to Host14:11
SRabbelier(so that you can just click 'create new host', and get redirected)14:11
SRabbelierbut it wouldof been a 99% copy/paste14:11
SRabbelierand you know how I feel about those ;)14:11
SRabbelierespecially since it's something we'll be doing a lot14:11
SRabbelierso maybe we won't have programs, but it'll be in the works monday at the least14:11
solydzajsok14:12
solydzajsI will see what I can do with the test suite since cyclic imports are fixed now14:13
solydzajsand also have a look at this Programs support14:13
SRabbeliersolydzajs: that would be good14:13
SRabbeliersolydzajs: you best wait with that14:13
SRabbeliersolydzajs: it'll need the @scoped14:13
SRabbelieroh, err14:13
SRabbeliersorry, thought you said orgs14:13
SRabbelier:)14:13
SRabbelierplease do review :)14:14
solydzajsok14:14
solydzajs:-)14:14
solydzajsI think we are all set till Friday then14:15
SRabbeliersolydzajs: lennie and I have a question14:15
solydzajson Friday I will create the branch and tag it, plus I will make a summary of last 2 week fixes14:15
Lenniesolydzajs: I think I'll fix the roles page next to show wich roles you are performing14:15
solydzajsto show it to Chris14:15
SRabbelierlh_: to you sa well14:15
solydzajsSRabbelier: yes ? what question ?14:16
SRabbeliersolydzajs: should all Hosts that belong to a certain Sponsor be able to access all Programs?14:16
SRabbeliersolydzajs: at the moment this is the only possibility14:16
SRabbeliersolydzajs: if there should be a restriction, we'll need to change the model14:16
solydzajsSRabbelier: yes14:17
solydzajsSRabbelier: they should have access to all programs14:17
SRabbeliersolydzajs: ok, good14:17
lh_SRabbelier: cool14:17
SRabbelierLennie: satisfied? :)14:17
lh_when do you want me to start demoing14:17
Lennieso Alice and Bob doing GHOP and GSOC seperatly both have access to eachothers programs?14:18
solydzajsLennie: Host is per Sponsor not per Program, so yes14:18
solydzajslh_: you agree ?14:18
Lenniesolydzajs: Fine by me if lh agrees14:18
LennieSRabbelier: Didnt you also want lh_ to give an overview of what kind of information defines a program?14:21
lh_ok hold on scrolling up sorry14:21
SRabbelierLennie: yeah, that's question two ;)14:21
solydzajsSRabbelier: that it's in the Issue tracker somewhere what kind of things should be in Program14:22
SRabbeliersolydzajs: sure is14:22
lh_yes, hosts should have access to all programs running on their melange instance14:22
lh_period14:22
SRabbelierlh_: ok, awesome14:22
lh_you need to know what things are in a program14:22
lh_where is the issue or what exactly are you trying to understand about the workflow?14:23
SRabbelierlh_: well, we have programs, but atm they're just a "Precense"14:23
SRabbelierlh_: that is, they have a name, a Feed Url, and (soon) a home document :P14:23
lh_ok.14:23
lh_ok14:23
lh_well, we need to have the home document prepopulate with information from org profiles14:24
SRabbelierlh_: wait wait14:24
SRabbelierlh_: that's about orgs14:24
lh_okay then i am confused, let's back up14:24
lh_this page14:24
SRabbelierlh_: or do you mean, the Program's home document, should have a list of all the orgs?14:24
lh_http://code.google.com/soc/2008/14:24
tpbTitle: Google Code - Summer of Code - Google Summer of Code (at code.google.com)14:24
lh_SRabbelier: correct ^^14:25
SRabbelierlh_: ok, that would actually be a regular list view, like we have for users, documents, etc.14:25
lh_that works14:25
SRabbelierlh_: question is though, what all does a program have14:25
SRabbelierlh_: like, a name?14:25
lh_define "have"?14:25
lh_oh yeah14:25
lh_name14:25
lh_date14:25
SRabbelierlh_: datE?14:25
lh_e.g. 2008 or spring 200914:26
lh_it has participating organizations14:26
lh_it has participating students14:26
SRabbelierlh_: correct14:26
lh_it has a place for data on each org14:26
SRabbelierlh_: it'll get those last two when we add orgs and students :)14:26
lh_it has a place for data on each student14:26
SRabbelierlh_: dat aon each org?14:26
lh_SRabbelier: ok, so what are you looking for now14:26
SRabbelierlh_: what do you mean?14:26
lh_SRabbelier: data on each org, something like: http://code.google.com/soc/2008/joomla/about.html14:26
tpb<http://ln-s.net/2X+T> (at code.google.com)14:26
SRabbelierlh_: I'm looking for the stuff you should be able to fill in on a program's create page14:27
SRabbelierlh_: that info will go in org14:27
lh_SRabbelier: ah!14:27
SRabbelierlh_: so when you get to "create new org"14:27
lh_ok14:27
lh_i love clarity14:27
SRabbelierlh_: what do you need to be able to fill in14:27
SRabbeliererr14:27
SRabbeliercreate new program14:27
SRabbeliersorry14:27
lh_SRabbelier: project description (public), project license (public - pick list, only OSI approved licenses), org admin(s), mentors14:28
lh_org admin required for setup14:28
lh_mentors not14:28
lh_oh wait i just realized i am answering the wrong question.14:28
lh_dammit,14:28
lh_ok to create new program you need:14:28
lh_1) program landing page, e.g. code.google.com/soc/14:28
SRabbelierlh_: ok, we have that -nods-14:28
lh_lists all participating orgs, some text talking about what the program is14:28
lh_ok14:29
lh_needs linked in sidebar14:29
SRabbelierlh_: it's a precense, so it gets a homepage for free14:29
lh_FAQs14:29
SRabbelierlh_: let me show you14:29
SRabbelierlh_: may be easier14:29
lh_i like show14:29
lh_yes!14:29
SRabbelierlh_: http://srabbelier-melange.appspot.com/14:29
SRabbelierlh_: create profile please, so I can dev you, and show you what I mean :)14:30
lh_working on it14:30
lh_done14:30
SRabbelierlh_: ok14:30
SRabbelierlh_: http://srabbelier-melange.appspot.com/program/create/google14:30
tpb<http://ln-s.net/2X+X> (at srabbelier-melange.appspot.com)14:30
SRabbelierlh_: what should it show there?14:31
solydzajs* a long "formal" name, e.g. "Google Summer of Code 2008"14:31
solydzajs* a generic name (relating it to other Programs), e.g. "Google Summer of Code"14:31
solydzajs* an abbreviated name, e.g. GSoC 200814:31
solydzajs* a site-unique "linkname" used in URLs, e.g. gsoc200814:31
solydzajs* program type (workflow type like GHOP/GSoC)14:31
SRabbeliersolydzajs: dump program type14:31
SRabbeliersolydzajs: I don't want that nonsense, we'll have that in other settings14:31
SRabbeliersolydzajs: it's too google-specific14:31
SRabbeliersolydzajs: we want people to be able to use melange to "roll their own"14:31
lh_i think SRabbelier is right that the workflow type thing is very specific, but how else will we configure the system?14:32
SRabbeliersolydzajs: preferrably they just create a program with some settings, and it can be what they want14:32
lh_admin dashboard, code change required, twibble a bit?14:32
SRabbelierlh_: for GHOP, you would set the "task signup period"14:32
lh_SRabbelier: correct14:32
SRabbelierlh_: whereas for GSoC, you wouldn't14:32
SRabbelierlh_: so in GSoC, there are not tasks14:32
SRabbelierlh_: but in GHOP there are14:32
SRabbelierlh_: no code changes required14:32
lh_SRabbelier: in fact we need a way to simply delineate states in time for both programs14:32
lh_for example14:32
SRabbelierlh_: got that worked out :)14:32
SRabbelierlh_: you fill in start/end time for each "thing"14:33
SRabbelierlh_: (such as "org signup", "mentor signup", "student signup")14:33
solydzajsSRabbelier: it's not just start/end, there should be also switch on/off14:33
SRabbeliersolydzajs: turn it off by setting end in the past14:33
SRabbeliersolydzajs: ?14:33
solydzajsSRabbelier: sometimes you don't want to use the dates14:33
lh_SRabbelier: correct and system needs to be able to accomodate for as many "things" - e.g. time based points in the program14:33
SRabbelierlh_: exactly what I mean14:33
lh_SRabbelier: that's excessively complex14:33
LennieSRabbelier: Usability (Think about cpm :P)14:33
SRabbelierLennie: oh yeah14:34
solydzajsyep14:34
lh_why can't we just have an event like "task sign up period" and have one be14:34
SRabbeliersolydzajs: fair enough, we can have on/off14:34
solydzajsSRabbelier: ok14:34
lh_"end of program" where date = whatever we want14:34
lh_then you do have on off14:34
SRabbelierlh_: what do you mean? why no "task sign up period"14:34
lh_this information could likely autopopulate a timeline FAQ and external calendar at some point14:34
solydzajsSRabbelier: how do you want to setup which program is GHOP like and which is GSoC like ?14:34
SRabbelierlh_: yes, it should14:34
SRabbeliersolydzajs: by configuring the program14:34
lh_SRabbelier: no there should be a task sign up period14:34
SRabbelierlh_: which consists of a start date, and an end date ;)14:35
SRabbelierlh_: that's a period14:35
solydzajsSRabbelier: how you want the program configuration to look like ?14:35
lh_SRabbelier: there's lots of other time based periods in there, but basically yes14:35
SRabbeliersolydzajs: just part of the program's edit page14:35
SRabbelierso that it's easy to chagne dealines14:35
SRabbelieretc.14:35
SRabbelieryou go to "edit program"14:35
SRabbelierand do "whoops, we want student mid-term evaluation dealine a week forward"14:36
SRabbelier"done"14:36
solydzajsSRabbelier: and some sort of ProgramSettings model ?14:36
SRabbeliersolydzajs: either that, or as part of Program14:36
SRabbeliersolydzajs: we could have a "dictionary"14:36
solydzajsSRabbelier: ok we will see14:36
SRabbeliere.g., a model with "key" and "start/end"14:36
Lenniesolydzajs: Seperate model (easier to copy)14:36
SRabbelierso you lookup a program's "mentor_singup" field14:36
Lenniesolydzajs: right?14:37
SRabbeliersolydzajs: by doing propgram_settings_logic.logic.getFromFields(scope=program, link_id="mentor_signup")14:37
SRabbeliersolydzajs: and then the result of that call you can change the "start" and "end" field14:37
solydzajswe can have ProgramSettings and GHOPProgramSettings if we need to extend something with GHOP specific stuff14:37
SRabbeliersolydzajs: nono14:38
SRabbeliersolydzajs: more generic please14:38
SRabbeliersolydzajs: I mean14:38
solydzajsSRabbelier: hehe :-)14:38
SRabbeliersolydzajs: otherwise everybody has to extend ProgramSettings14:38
SRabbelierand we don't want that14:38
SRabbelierwe want people to be able to roll their own without having to write code if possible14:38
LennieSRabbelier: You want a factory that builds plans for building a factory?14:38
SRabbelierLennie: no, those are outdated14:38
SRabbelierLennie: I want a factory factory factory14:38
SRabbelierall I'm saying is that if we make it a simple "dictionary"14:39
solydzajsSRabbelier: ok but what other workflows you want ? other workflows will require writing code anyway14:39
SRabbelierit actuallyr educes complexity14:39
solydzajsSRabbelier: you can name GHOP like and GSoC like workflows by some other name14:39
SRabbeliersolydzajs: for example, a workflow that has features from both GHOP and GSoC14:39
solydzajsSRabbelier: I don't care14:39
LennieTask Driven GSoC?14:39
SRabbeliersolydzajs: I don't want to create specifc workflows for GHoP and GSoC14:39
SRabbelierLennie: for example14:39
*** lh_ has quit IRC14:40
solydzajsSRabbelier: but that's what we are doing14:40
SRabbelierinstead, I just want to have some "workflow parts" we support14:40
*** lh__ has joined #melange14:40
SRabbelierand then to create GHOP, you select the relevant features14:40
SRabbelierthat's easy to do if we go with the "freestyle configuratioN"14:40
SRabbelierand it's actually not complex or anything14:40
solydzajsok I'm happy to see what you came up with14:41
SRabbelierok :)14:41
SRabbelierPawel Solyga: * a long "formal" name, e.g. "Google Summer of Code 2008"14:41
SRabbelierPawel Solyga: * a generic name (relating it to other Programs), e.g. "Google Summer of Code"14:41
SRabbelierPawel Solyga: * an abbreviated name, e.g. GSoC 200814:41
SRabbelierPawel Solyga: * a site-unique "linkname" used in URLs, e.g. gsoc200814:41
solydzajsbut sometimes you cannot select some features from from both programs, there might be a conflict14:42
SRabbeliersolydzajs: why?14:42
SRabbeliersolydzajs: we should make it where there won't be ;)14:42
SRabbeliermake the features not overlap; is that what you mean?14:42
solydzajsSRabbelier: how do you for example thing that GSoC with tasks would work ? if you have Proposals feature and Tasks feature and I select them both ?14:43
SRabbeliersolydzajs: you get that you can create tasks, and can also create proposals?14:43
SRabbeliersolydzajs: and that people can be assigned to tasks, and get accepted for proposals14:43
* SRabbelier shrugs14:43
SRabbelierif that's what you want, you can have it14:43
lh__i will be right back, keep talking14:44
SRabbelierit also removes the planned "split up" we had planned, between coding for GHOP and GSoC14:44
solydzajsok I will wait till lh__ replies14:44
SRabbelierwe just keep working on "features" for GHOP14:44
SRabbelierand then when we're done with that, we can finish the remaijning features GSOC requires14:44
lh__i think it should be a developer twibble to be able to say for this program, these types of actions are possibly14:45
lh__developers should be able to a) code up new types of actions (e.g. tasks, proposals, teach a class at my high school)14:45
lh__and set which are possible during a given program14:45
SRabbelierlh__: yes14:45
SRabbelierso you want program types14:45
lh__this makes system flexible14:45
SRabbelierbut those can be in-db too14:46
lh__SRabbelier: no, i want possible things a program can do14:46
SRabbelierlh__: aaaah14:46
lh__which is anything that folks want to add as a melange capability14:46
SRabbelierlh__: ok, yes, that's what I was suggesting! :)14:46
lh__at the start of the program, developers have the power to say this program has access to these types of actions14:46
SRabbelierlh__: and then the host selects which capabilities they want?14:46
lh__yes correct, sorry, host will say these types of actions will occur during this program14:46
SRabbelierlh__: but.. Host creates the Program, why is that any of Developer's buissness?14:46
SRabbelierok :)14:46
solydzajsSRabbelier: ok so that means you need Developer Program Setting to enable specific features.14:47
lh__SRabbelier: ^^14:47
solydzajsah ok14:47
lh__ok i will really brb now14:47
solydzajsgot confused too14:47
solydzajsok14:47
Lenniek14:47
SRabbelierok, good14:47
solydzajsSRabbelier: we will see how this works out14:47
SRabbelierthen what I had in mind strokes with what lh has in mind14:47
SRabbelierthat's always nice :P14:48
SRabbeliersolydzajs: yes14:48
LennieSRabbelier: Think we can have programs show a home page and their name on the sidebar before friday :P?14:48
SRabbeliersolydzajs: I don't have any specific implementation in mind14:48
LennieSRabbelier: Would be nice to show Chris ^^14:48
solydzajsSRabbelier: ok14:48
SRabbelierbut just the general concept of having "capabilities/features" that are selectable as in-db setting is important, I think14:48
SRabbelierLennie: I will look at it14:48
SRabbelierLennie: no guarantees, @scoped is more important to me14:49
solydzajsanything else to discuss ?14:49
SRabbelierLennie: depends on how easy it proves to be14:49
LennieProof that your generics work :D?14:49
Lennie*Prove14:49
Lennieor is it Proof :P, I'm confused grrr14:49
SRabbelierLennie: indeed14:49
SRabbelierProof = het bewijs14:49
SRabbelierprove = bewijzen14:49
SRabbelierfor the dutch among us ;)14:50
LennieThat I know ^^14:50
solydzajsok guys meeting is over 50 minutes now, any thing else you need to discuss right now ?14:50
SRabbeliersolydzajs: nope, it's good14:50
SRabbeliersolydzajs: turned out to be a Design Problem discussion again :D14:50
solydzajsSRabbelier: happens :-)14:50
SRabbeliersolydzajs: sorry for that ;P14:50
solydzajsSRabbelier: np at least we all know how this might work, life is good ;-)14:51
SRabbeliersolydzajs: ok, nice :)14:51
SRabbelierbtw14:51
SRabbelierI uploaded proposed programs14:51
SRabbelierhttp://srabbelier-melange.appspot.com/program/create/google14:51
tpb<http://ln-s.net/2X+X> (at srabbelier-melange.appspot.com)14:51
SRabbelierlook please14:51
Lenniedev me14:52
Lennie^^14:52
durin42SRabbelier: I'm not a dev, can't see the page14:52
durin42oh, hey, got a welcome email, nice14:52
SRabbelierdurin42: you want to be part of the awesomeness too huh?14:53
SRabbelierhehe :P14:53
solydzajsok looks good14:53
SRabbelierdurin42: Lennie wrote it, nice eh?14:53
durin42+1 on welcome email14:53
SRabbelierall devd14:53
durin42SRabbelier: I've got down time while I wait for magic to work at work14:53
Lenniedurin42: Surprise!14:53
lh__do you guys need anything from me atm?14:53
SRabbelierdurin42: cool :)14:53
SRabbelierlh__: yes14:53
Lennielh__ : Love :P?14:53
lh__SRabbelier: i live to serve14:53
SRabbelierlh__: http://srabbelier-melange.appspot.com/program/create/google14:53
tpb<http://ln-s.net/2X+X> (at srabbelier-melange.appspot.com)14:53
* lh__ distributes love14:53
SRabbelierlh__: looky please14:53
SRabbelierlh__: say if you like14:53
lh__looking now14:54
solydzajs:-)14:54
durin42Ok, the balloons should appear after a delay or something14:54
durin42wtf annoying14:54
SRabbelierdurin42: blame dmitri :P14:54
LennieShort name has a strange description14:54
solydzajsdurin42: this is broken, will have a fix soon14:54
lh__i like the help text for now14:54
SRabbelierLennie: copy paste fail14:54
lh__SRabbelier: do you want to tell me what else should be on this page?14:54
SRabbelierLennie: fiexed14:54
SRabbelierlh__: that's what I was asking you ^__^14:55
Lenniety14:55
lh__SRabbelier: program description (free text field)14:55
SRabbelierlh__: can do14:55
SRabbelierwait.. can I?14:55
SRabbelierdo we have a free field text anywhere else?14:55
SRabbelieror are we using TinyMCE everywhere?14:55
lh__SRabbelier: alternatively, we can have a document that is the program description that gets sucked onto the program home page (e.g. code.google.com/soc/) at a later time14:56
lh__whatever makes the most sense14:56
SRabbelierlh__: we can has both if you want14:56
lh__SRabbelier: i think actually the document strategy is more flexible14:56
SRabbelierdescription added14:57
lh__if there's a tick box for "publish this page on the main program page" and we provide a distinct area for it14:57
SRabbelierwe have a description for sponsor atm14:57
lh__SRabbelier: then description for program ++14:57
lh__ok14:57
lh__everything else that goes into creating a program involves14:57
lh__1) org signups14:57
SRabbelierlh__: that's seperate14:57
lh__2) creating documents (which should be easy enough to do)14:57
lh__SRabbelier: right14:57
SRabbelierlh__: that goes under orgs themselves14:57
lh__programs also need documents14:57
solydzajsSRabbelier: we should use tinymce whereever we need HTML output14:57
SRabbelierlh__: yup, but that goes under document :D14:57
lh__SRabbelier: ah. very good.14:58
SRabbeliersolydzajs: ok, I don't think description has HTML though?14:58
solydzajsSRabbelier: nope14:58
lh__then i think this page as is is good enough. description needs to accept basic html tags, <a> <b> <i>14:58
solydzajsSRabbelier: ok so we need TinyMCE14:58
solydzajs:-)14:58
SRabbelierhmmm14:58
SRabbelierheh14:58
solydzajs:D14:58
SRabbelierok15:00
SRabbelieradded TinyMCE15:00
SRabbelierhehe, live coding :P15:00
Lenniesweet15:01
lh__ok, am i needed, i have another meeting now15:01
SRabbeliersolydzajs, lh__, Lennie: LGTY?15:01
solydzajs:-)15:01
SRabbelierlh__: ok, thanks for helping out :)15:01
solydzajslgtm15:01
LennieSRabbelier: Seems basic enough, get it working properly and I'm happy :)15:02
lh__SRabbelier: if you are referring to the program page with description field, lgtm15:02
solydzajsok so we are done ?15:02
lh__i'll be online after 1 pm california time, about an hour15:02
lh__solydzajs: yes i think so15:02
SRabbelierok awesome15:02
solydzajsok great15:02
lh__thanks all15:02
SRabbelierLennie: working properly?15:02
*** lh__ has quit IRC15:02
LennieSRabbelier: You know what I mean ^^15:03
LennieSRabbelier: Make magic happen :P15:03
SRabbelierLennie: no, not quite?15:03
Lennienm, just make Leslie proud :P15:03
SRabbelierLennie: errr, ok :P15:03
SRabbeliersolydzajs: we need as_public_table :)15:04
SRabbeliersolydzajs: auto-updating edit page is really nice15:04
SRabbeliersolydzajs: I want the same for public page :(15:04
solydzajsSRabbelier: ok15:07
SRabbeliersolydzajs: it would be awesome if you can do that :)15:07
solydzajsSRabbelier: will do.15:08
SRabbeliersolydzajs: +115:08
SRabbelierI'm so subtle in my commit msgs :D15:09
LennieCommitted the lower stuff ^^15:14
SRabbelierLennie: cool15:19
SRabbelier"(...) by future forms to do their cleaning."15:19
SRabbelierlol15:19
Lenniegrmbl15:19
LennieI'm too sleepy atm15:20
Lennie^^15:20
SRabbelierLennie: huh?15:20
Lennieo15:20
SRabbelierLennie: I just thought your phrasing was funny :P15:20
Lennieno typo's :P?15:20
Lennie^^15:20
Lennieyeah now you mention it :)15:20
SRabbelierLennie: :D15:20
SRabbelierI got decorators figured out btw15:21
SRabbeliertook me a bit, since there's a big difference @foo and @foo(arg1, arg2)15:21
durin42Yes, that is a touch confusing.15:22
durin42But once you get them, they rock.15:22
SRabbelierdurin42: yup :)15:22
durin42It also makes sense in python-land tho15:22
durin42@foo() is not the same as @foo15:22
durin42it's really (in my mind) symbol followed by tuple -> call15:22
durin42even if it's an empty tuple15:23
SRabbelierdurin42: ah, yes15:23
SRabbelierthis is true :)15:23
SRabbelierwith @foo you're saying, the decorator is the symbol 'foo'15:23
SRabbelierbut with @foo() you're saying, the decorator is whatever is returned by calling foo15:24
durin42so really with @foo('bar') you're saying foo, give me a decorator for bar15:24
durin42right15:24
SRabbelier:)15:24
SRabbelierLennie: you forgot to mark it fixed15:25
LennieSRabbelier: I know15:25
LennieSRabbelier: Todd wanted more15:25
LennieSRabbelier: Waiting for some sort of comment from him ^^15:25
SRabbelierLennie: oh, bleh15:25
SRabbeliersur :)15:26
lhgreets15:48
lhneed anything?15:48
SRabbelierlh: nope, I got the redirect thing I was talking about going15:48
SRabbelierlh: so maybe we'll have a working "new host" button by friday :)15:48
lhSRabbelier: rock15:48
SRabbelierlh: remember how you have to go through "list sponsor -> invite a host"15:48
lhSRabbelier: yes15:49
SRabbelierlh: that'll be fixed :)15:49
lhSRabbelier: i like this15:49
SRabbelierlh: ^___^15:49
SRabbelierlh: goods15:49
*** madrazr has joined #melange15:52
SRabbelierLennie:  2 files changed, 42 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)15:53
SRabbelierLennie: the price of documentation :(15:53
solydzajsSRabbelier: doc is important get rid of this stats man :P15:54
solydzajsSRabbelier: or extend them please so the show how many lines of code is doc in your changes :-)15:54
SRabbelierah, yes15:54
SRabbelierthat would be good15:54
SRabbeliersolydzajs: this is just raw git stats though15:54
solydzajs;-)15:54
SRabbeliersolydzajs: but yes, that would be very useful15:54
* SRabbelier contemplates it for GitStats15:55
LennieSRabbelier: Stat whore :P16:05
SRabbelierLennie: yush!16:05
LennieI'm off16:06
Lenniebyebye16:06
SRabbelierLennie: cheers16:06
*** Lennie has quit IRC16:07

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.13.1 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!