Friday, 2016-08-19

*** tpb has joined #timvideos00:00
tpbTitle: GitHub - shenki/opsis-soc at micropython (at
tpbTitle: GitHub - shenki/micropython at opsis (at
shenkimithro: those are my wip branches00:36
mithroshenki: Thanks!01:50
*** CarlFK has joined #timvideos03:08
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v CarlFK03:08
*** Bertl is now known as Bertl_zZ03:30
*** rohitksingh_work has joined #timvideos04:22
*** ssk1328 has joined #timvideos04:24
mithroCarlFK: Have you had any contact with ?04:29
tpbTitle: Confreaks - Expert recording services for conferences, seminars, and workshops. (at
mithrohey ssk132804:29
CarlFKmithro: nope.   I've pondered it...04:33
ssk1328mithro: Hi04:43
mithrossk1328: so, were are you at?04:43
ssk1328mithro: Testing the reworked HDMI_OUT04:43
ssk1328mithro: When I initiate two dmas, the output is defined from second dma04:45
ssk1328mithro: Trying to debug this04:45
mithrossk1328: Are you still working on getting the single output working?04:46
ssk1328mithro: Yeah04:47
mithrossk1328: Have you pushed the code somewhere to look at?04:48
ssk1328mithro: Yeah04:48
ssk1328mithro: I am gonna just push the latest stuff04:48
tpbTitle: GitHub - ssk1328/HDMI2USB-misoc-firmware at hdmiout_rework (at
ssk1328mithro: I have implemented the P4 diagram from mixed block diagram04:52
mithrossk1328: Couple of things here (unrelated to your current issue)04:52
mithrossk1328: For triple quoted strings you normally use the double quotes04:52
mithrossk1328: You should also turn on spell checking in your editor04:52
*** rohitksingh_wor1 has joined #timvideos04:52
mithrossk1328: and every ending punctuation (full stop, exclamation mark, comma, etc) should have whitespace (space, newline, etc) after it04:53
*** rohitksingh_work has quit IRC04:53
mithroThe lack of whitespace after ending punctuation seems to be a very Indian thing - like saying "codes" rather than "code"04:54
ssk1328mithro: Okay04:54
ssk1328mithro: This is regarding documentation right?04:55
mithrossk1328: yes04:55
mithrossk1328: Your not using the float pixel stuff at the moment, right?04:55
ssk1328mithro: I am actually04:55
mithrossk1328: Did you get this system working with a dummy mixer block?04:55
ssk1328mithro: Actually I did that for P2 diagram04:56
ssk1328mithro: For the P4 I havent tested with dummy mixer04:57
mithrossk1328: I'm confused - did you have the P2 diagram working?04:57
ssk1328mithro: So P2 was working with dummy mixer block04:58
mithrossk1328: Why did we switch to P4 if P2 was working?04:58
ssk1328mithro: But that needed a lot of refactoring because of mixing modules worked at pixel clock and DMA was getting more than one pixel (actuallu packfactor) number of pixels per clock04:59
ssk1328We had discussion here
mithrossk1328: From that description, the dummy mixer in P2 never worked then?05:03
ssk1328mithro: No, when tested the dummy mixer was just direct connections05:04
mithrossk1328: okay - you should try getting P4 working with a dummy mixer first05:04
ssk1328mithro: I have something working in P4 rightnow05:05
ssk1328mithro: When I define two dmas and connect them to the mixer the output is defined by the base address of second dma05:06
mithrossk1328: That doesn't sound like working?05:07
ssk1328mithro: Okay so dummy testing first05:10
mithrossk1328: Yes, the dummy mixer should just be something like a simple switch05:11
mithrossk1328: To get this merged as well, we really need it split up05:11
mithrossk1328: So, having a pull request where things are just refactored in a way needed to add a mixer is a good start05:11
ssk1328mithro: Okay05:11
ssk1328mithro: Without the floatarth modules I suppose?05:12
mithrossk1328: Yes05:12
ssk1328mithro: Okay, they are actually already pushed in this branch05:13
mithrossk1328: You can create a new branch and copy accross the stuff you need05:13
ssk1328mithro: Yes05:13
mithrossk1328: We are really running out of time, so really need to see this working ASAP05:14
ssk1328mithro: Yes, Need to complete this ASAP05:15
mithrossk1328: So, lets get a minimal pull request which does the refactor as described in diagram P4 done05:16
ssk1328mithro: Okay05:16
mithrossk1328: Can we aim to have that ready (even if it doesn't quite work yet) in a couple of hours?05:17
ssk1328mithro: I have a TA meeting in 3 hours from now, I aim to get it done before that05:18
mithrossk1328: Okay05:20
ssk1328mithro: I have the mixing also working in reworked HDMI_OUT06:38
ssk1328mithro: But  I guess we need the pull requests to be separate?06:38
mithroYes, we should have two separate pull request so we can review them.06:41
evilRailsCan someone shoot me the purchasing link for an opsis? I wanna get to learnin06:42
mithro or
tpbTitle: Numato Opsis: FPGA-based open video platform (at
mithroevilRails: Who are you and where are you located?07:17
evilRailspeer. The really noisy av guy from pycon07:19
mithrossk1328: btw - have you submitted your work into the ORCONF IP Design content?09:15
ssk1328mithro: I plan to09:15
ssk1328mithro: The date is 31st09:15
mithrossk1328: awesome, it's in my calendar for the 21st for some reason?09:15
mithrossk1328: I think I might have your calendar open09:15
ssk1328mithro: I will have to recheck I hope its 31st09:16
*** paddatrapper has joined #timvideos09:57
rohitksingh_wor1mithro: Is the D1 correct?
rohitksingh_wor1mithro: If it is for overvoltage protection, shouldn't it be inverted like this ->
*** evilRails has quit IRC11:04
*** sb0 has joined #timvideos11:05
mithrorohitksingh_wor1: I don't understand that on the CEC line - but it seems a number of circuits do it?11:12
mithroHome time for me....11:13
*** sb0 has quit IRC12:46
*** Bertl_zZ is now known as Bertl12:52
*** rohitksingh_wor1 has quit IRC13:27
*** sb0 has joined #timvideos13:44
*** Bertl is now known as Bertl_oO14:03
*** evilRails has joined #timvideos14:29
*** ssk1328 has quit IRC14:36
*** sb0 has quit IRC16:01
*** rohitksingh has joined #timvideos16:24
*** rohitksingh has quit IRC18:02
*** ssk1328 has joined #timvideos20:25
ssk1328mithro: I have sent out a pull request with dummy mixer block, I have added a lot of documentation for the new classes I have defined not sure if that is enough. Do I need to add missing documentation of predefined classes as well?22:11
tpbTitle: Reworked HDMI_OUT with Dummy Mixer by ssk1328 · Pull Request #300 · timvideos/HDMI2USB-misoc-firmware · GitHub (at

Generated by 2.13.1 by Marius Gedminas - find it at!