Thursday, 2014-07-24

*** tpb has joined #timvideos00:00
mithroJoelw: ping?00:13
shenkitija: hello00:21
shenkitija: hows things?00:21
tijashenki: I haven't slept the yesterday morning.00:21
tijashenki: couldn't find a bug00:22
shenkitija: what bug are you chasing?00:24
tijashenki: I was planning to commit the pipelined memory read and write. But it was not working for 100% encoding quality.00:25
tijashenki: Now it is working but before streaming one needs to hit the reset then things work00:26
shenkitija: hrm interesting00:27
mithrorohitksingh: is it possible to use the 3V3 rail, or does that reduce the performance quite a lot?00:52
mithromparuszewski: ping?00:52
mithrorohitksingh: length matching is mostly done by hand in kicad at the moment00:52
mithrorohitksingh: not really great :(00:52
rohitksinghmithro: Hi & Good morning! yeah. and I can't find how to do curved tracks also :/ Referring to the voltage supply issue, I don't know if EDID-DDC will work with 3.3V supply. For this, we would have to actually test and see. For the PCB, you can review current progress. I have added Standoffs and a large Ground Test Pin. Not fully routed yet00:56
mithrorohitksingh: okay, will review shortly00:56
mithrorohitksingh: if you haven't heard from me in 1 hour, please poke me as I've gotten distracted00:57
rohitksinghmithro: great! Actually I myself would probably be sleeping within 1 hour :) Have been awake all night. Its 6:27AM in morning here :P Kindly add any issues/suggestions to github or IRC here. I will see the logs when I wake up00:59
mithrorohitksingh: okay, I'll still be around when you get up :)00:59
rohitksinghmithro: great! :)00:59
mithroNiharika_away: ping me when your around, just wanted to have a chat01:31
Joelwmithro: Hi!01:38
mithroJoelw: I'm in Adelaide01:38
Joelwmithro: Hi!01:38
mithroJoelw: we should hang!01:38
JoelwSure! I'm quite unwell at the moment, but am at work in the city. I can do lunches!01:39
CarlFKmithro: I lost track of days - I have about 4-6 hours now, then sleep, then wake and drive.   can you help me use or whatever in about 30 min?  (about to grab some dinner now)01:40
*** rohitksingh has quit IRC01:46
mithroJoelw: your still busy this weekend with your launch?01:52
JoelwNot this weekend now, but I'm not sure I'll have much free time :(01:53
mithroJoelw: well, do you want to plan for lunch on monday?02:03
*** mparuszewski has quit IRC02:12
JoelwSounds good!02:20
JoelwI have added it to my calendar. Just let me know when (warning! I have a meeting at 2) and where.02:21
mithroJoelw: okay02:22
*** tija has quit IRC02:28
*** tija has joined #timvideos02:48
mithroJoelw: do you know how to get ISE to explain why it failed a placement?03:02
JoelwNot really, but it should have some clues somewhere in the output logs!03:03
*** tija has quit IRC03:03
JoelwUsually it's because you tried to do something it thought was impossible, such as some sort of pin to I/O bank constraint03:04
CarlFKmithro: back from dinner.  here are 2 schedules
*** tija has joined #timvideos03:21
*** tija has quit IRC03:28
*** CarlFK has quit IRC03:37
*** CarlFK has joined #timvideos03:37
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v CarlFK03:37
*** CarlFK has quit IRC04:07
*** CarlFK has joined #timvideos04:07
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v CarlFK04:07
*** Niharika has joined #timvideos04:19
mithroCarlFK: I'll be around in about an hour to help04:29
*** CarlFK has quit IRC05:00
*** Niharika has left #timvideos05:25
*** Niharika has joined #timvideos05:30
Niharikamithro: I´m around now.05:30
*** CarlFK has joined #timvideos05:32
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v CarlFK05:32
*** Niharika1 has joined #timvideos05:32
*** Niharika has quit IRC05:35
*** Niharika1 is now known as Niharika05:36
*** slomo has joined #timvideos06:19
CarlFKmithro: ping06:22
CarlFK1.22 am  I need to get to sleep06:22
mithroCarlFK: pong06:22
mithroCarlFK: so what do you actualy need?06:22
CarlFKthe collectors sending to encoders06:23
mithroCarlFK: and you have what set up?06:24
CarlFKi ran the setup script on the collector boxes06:24
mithrobut the boxes are off and not yet set up?06:24
CarlFKno, they are here online06:25
mithroCarlFK: bit hard to configure them then :P06:26
mithroCarlFK: when will you be finished set up?06:26
CarlFKi don't understand06:27
xfxfhi tim, carl06:28
mithroCarlFK: when will you have everything set up and running?06:29
CarlFKoh, at the venue?06:29
mithroCarlFK: yeah06:29
mithroand how long between then and when things start?06:29
CarlFKthey are setup and running now and I can get you sshed to them06:29
CarlFKshow starts sat morning, no clue when I will have network06:30
mithroCarlFK: okay, if you can get me ssh access, I can configure them all up06:31
mithroCarlFK: I read your thing as "they are here but offline"06:32
mithroCarlFK: I'm a bit confused by their room structure06:33
CarlFK4 rooms, cartoon has a wall, so it gets broken into cartoon1 and cartoon206:34
CarlFKbox hostname cnt3 cartoon_1,  cnt4  cartoon_2, cnt6  barbie_tootle, cnt7 hays_cape06:43
mithroso, 4 collectors and 4 streams?06:45
mithroCarlFK: feel free to head to bed06:49
mithroCarlFK: I'll try and get it all set up06:49
CarlFKsee you in about 6 hours06:49
CarlFKi don't have mixer ip/hostnames.. make something up, Ill swap them when I know what is what06:50
aps-sidsmithro: can you tell me a quick method to test flumotion dvswitch component?07:30
mithroaps-sids: what do you mean? the receiver?07:30
aps-sidsmithro: I start dvswitch and flumotion with dvswitch component config. flumotion component is waiting for input, what input should I give?07:31
mithroaps-sids: you mean it's hungry?07:32
mithroaps-sids: as long as dvswitch is running the dvswitch flumotion component should not be hungry07:32
aps-sidsmithro: not hungry but waiting07:32
aps-sidswaking up07:32
aps-sidsmithro: this is when I'm not feeding anything to dvswitch07:33
mithroaps-sids: just connect a dvsource-file ?07:33
aps-sidsI tried feeding video from videotestsrc and it says The stream is in the wrong format.  first received buffer does not have caps set07:33
aps-sidsokay, I'll try with dvsource07:33
aps-sidsmithro: same error with dvsource-file07:34
mithroaps-sids: I think it should actually be awake even if there is no dvswitch connected to?07:35
mithroaps-sids: you should print the pipeline that flumotion is using and test it locally07:35
aps-sidsmithro: running pipeline locally Caught SIGSEGV07:38
mithroaps-sids: that could be the issue?07:38
aps-sidsmithro: what I think the problem is that caps are not being set properly in the flumotion component07:39
aps-sidswait a minute. I'll show you the code07:39
aps-sidsmithro: please refer this --
tpbTitle: Porting DVSwitch component - more changes · ddcdfeb · aps-sids/flumotion-orig · GitHub (at
mithroaps-sids: nothing should segfault :P - I'm not sure what your asking me to look at07:53
aps-sidsmithro: basically caps are not being set properly in the flumotion component. I think that is the problem.07:54
aps-sidsaps-sids: I've not been able to figure out how to correctly set them.07:55
mithroaps-sids: could be, I don't really know07:55
aps-sidsmithro: I just need help in replacing this -- set_setcaps_function()  I couldn't find any relevant example code07:56
*** Niharika1 has joined #timvideos08:14
*** Niharika has quit IRC08:15
*** Niharika1 has quit IRC08:52
*** tija has joined #timvideos09:48
*** rohitksingh has joined #timvideos11:52
mithrowb rohitksingh12:07
mithroI haven't had a chance to look at your design yet12:07
mithroand I need to fix up some stuff for CarlFK first12:07
aps-sidsmithro: can you point me to setup instructions for streaming-system?12:08
mithroaps-sids: just what is in the repository12:08
rohitksinghmithro: Hi! No problem. You can look whenever you find time!12:08
mithroaps-sids: which part of the streaming-system do you want to set up?12:27
aps-sidsmithro: flumotion, and yeah I figured it out.12:27
aps-sidsBut I think I'd need to change a lot of stuff to use the ported version12:28
aps-sidsnot lot of actually, just the links maybe.12:28
aps-sidsI'm a bit down. Not able to fix problems with components:(12:29
CarlFKmithro: im up.. may be awake soon too ;)12:35
mithroaps-sids: what is left?12:36
mithroCarlFK: how much time do we have?12:37
mithroCarlFK: I need the ip addresses of the mixers12:37
CarlFK10.0.0.11  21 31 41  for cnt3 4 6 712:38
*** Niharika has joined #timvideos12:39
mithroCarlFK: if they have DNS names, we can just use that12:40
mithroCarlFK: mixers verses collectors...12:40
CarlFKuse IP.  I have 5 laptops and I haven't figured out which will go where.12:43
aps-sidsmithro: dvswitch is still not fixed. x264 encoder and other ugly components - I've stashed the commits since I was not able to successfully run it.12:43
CarlFKI found 2 that still had a working dvswitch, found a hard drive with dvswithch, and used clonezilla to clone a working box on to the remaing 212:44
aps-sidsmithro: Tonight I plan to get the whole picture, and take the issues again with a fresh view.12:45
CarlFKmithro: ^^ when I am waiting for the rooms to open I'll be in the lobby verifying they work - some hardware is in better shape, it goes in the main two rooms.12:46
CarlFKmithro:  point is I don't have hostnames right now, or you can make up host names and set those on the 4 mixers12:46
CarlFKbrb, making coffee12:46
mithroCarlFK: so, I need to know the dvswitch mixer IP address and the machine which will run the collector IP in each room12:47
CarlFKmithro: thats what this paring was for mixer for collector:  21 31 41  for cnt3 4 6 712:47
CarlFKmixer will be for collector cnt312:47
CarlFKcnt3 will be
mithroCarlFK: which rooms?12:48
* aps-sids thinks CarlFK is really sleep deprived :P12:49
CarlFKbox hostname cnt3 cartoon_1,  cnt4  cartoon_2, cnt6  barbie_tootle, cnt7 hays_cape12:50
CarlFKcnt3 will be in cartoon_112:50
CarlFKaps-sids: 1/2 that, and 1/2 just got up12:50
*** Niharika has quit IRC12:53
CarlFKbtw - _ is not a valid hostname char.  makes me grumpy cuz I can't set the hostname to hays_cape12:54
*** Niharika has joined #timvideos12:54
CarlFKmithro: I have dvswitch running on mixer hostname hays-cape12:57
mithroCarlFK: which room do you need first?12:59
CarlFKcartoon 113:04
mithroCarlFK: just setting up an encoder box now13:06
mithroCarlFK: can you check the config.private.json on the box you gave me access too?13:06
*** FeltonChris has quit IRC13:10
CarlFKmithro: I am out of time - any time I spend on this is time people will be waiting for me13:15
tpbTitle: Memory Read and write pipelined · 7f2f8e8 · ajitmathew/HDMI2USB · GitHub (at
*** Palash has joined #timvideos13:45
*** Niharika has quit IRC13:52
mithroCarlFK: how can the mixer have an 10.0.0 ip address? the network appears to be 192.168.1 ?13:55
CarlFKmithro: is what I plan on assigning when it is on site13:56
CarlFK192 is my house13:56
mithroCarlFK: I thought you where at PyOhio now setting up?13:56
CarlFKI am still in Chicago13:57
CarlFKneed to drive to PyOohio.. sleep, wake, wait till 1p for rooms to open up in 27 hours13:58
mithroso PyOhio didn't start when you said "I am out of time"13:58
CarlFKright.  I need to pack up my jeep and pick up crew13:58
mithroCarlFK: okay13:59
mithrowell the pusher is all good to go13:59
CarlFKoh, and figure out what else to take13:59
mithroand 1 encoder is working13:59
mithroneed to set up the website and get the other encoders going13:59
CarlFKI have about an hour or so to do here before I have to pack the 4 collectors - (like find the twinpacts!  )  and eat breakfast14:00
*** shenki_ has joined #timvideos14:00
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v shenki_14:00
CarlFKso if you can do encoders now there might be time to run pusher on evertying so I don't have to (I have never used it)14:01
mithroI can't seem to login to the website14:03
mithroCarlFK: I have a copy of the config here and can run it without you needing too14:03
mithroI just set it up on your machine so that you could do the pushing if needed14:03
*** shenki has quit IRC14:04
*** Niharika has joined #timvideos14:07
mithrorohitksingh: oh! you board was delivered! how do i test it?14:08
mithrotechman83: ping?14:09
Niharikamithro: I´m around for about 3-4 hours, whenever you´re free to chat.14:14
rohitksinghmithro: Do have BeagleboneBlack(BBB)? If not I'll have to send you the I2C bitfile, which you'll have to program to FPGA and then load any relevant test bitfile . This is because I haven't yet integrated I2C code into my VGA capture ones. Individually it works, but once I add the module to my VGA capture code, it fails to work. BBB will definitely make the job easier. How would you like? Are you okay with loading I2C bitfile and then loading the test bi14:15
mithrorohitksingh: no I dont14:15
mithrorohitksingh: i have all manner of ardinuos and such14:16
shenki_mithro: ive got a bbb here14:17
*** shenki_ is now known as shenki14:17
rohitksinghshenki: thats great!  If by any circumstance bbb can't be arranged then mithro:  we have 2 options 1.) loading I2C bitfile and then loading the test bitfiles or 2.) me integrating the I2C code into VGA capture code and then you will have to load the bitfile only once.14:22
rohitksinghoption 1 will help me with PCB whereas for 2 i'll have to devote some time on.14:22
tijashenki: "Please answer my comments on the source." What does this mean?14:33
*** rohitksingh1 has joined #timvideos14:46
*** rohitksingh has quit IRC14:46
*** rohitksingh1 is now known as rohitksingh14:47
*** mparuszewski has joined #timvideos15:35
mparuszewskimithro: pong15:36
aps-sidsmparuszewski: long time?15:36
mparuszewskiI will be available for 30 minutes I guess, working on new gems.15:37
aps-sidsmparuszewski: Anyway, planet site not updating.15:37
CarlFKmithro: 15 min till I need to take the boxes down, I can pull them now right?15:40
mparuszewskiOk, thanks, I will check that, I didn't do any development to planet, so it seems that generation server doesn't respond.15:40
mithroCarlFK: go ahead15:54
mithromparuszewski: heading to need now. We still need to deploy the site and I'd like to get a better idea of you progress.15:55
*** tija has quit IRC16:01
mparuszewskiOk, getting-started is waiting for our meeting, travis part is ready, so everything on getting-started is working, so we need to meet and talk about it, and that part is done.16:02
mparuszewskiCurrently I am working on feedbook, gem/application for RSS changes notification to social media/email and irc.16:03
mparuszewskiI am writing tests and testing it, it should be done before weekend.16:04
mparuszewskiPlanet is not being generated because of GitHub problems with Statistics Api, it doesn't returns any answers.16:07
mparuszewskiWhen do you have time to meet and talk about deployment process?16:08
mparuszewskiI will update our document about deployment process.16:09
*** Palash has quit IRC16:24
*** Niharika has left #timvideos17:09
*** Niharika has quit IRC17:09
*** techdragon has quit IRC17:34
*** CarlFK has quit IRC17:34
*** slomo_ has joined #timvideos17:48
*** slomo has quit IRC17:52
*** slomo_ has quit IRC18:25
*** slomo has joined #timvideos18:26
*** slomo has joined #timvideos18:26
*** mparuszewski has quit IRC18:42
*** rohitksingh1 has joined #timvideos20:48
*** rohitksingh has quit IRC20:48
*** slomo has quit IRC20:58
*** rohitksingh1 has quit IRC21:36

Generated by 2.12.1 by Marius Gedminas - find it at!