Tuesday, 2019-04-09

*** tpb has joined #symbiflow00:00
*** futarisIRCcloud has joined #symbiflow00:12
tpbTitle: How to JSON schema validate 10x (or 100x) faster in Python - Peterbe.com (at www.peterbe.com)00:16
*** _whitelogger has quit IRC00:22
*** _whitelogger has joined #symbiflow00:25
mithrolitghost: I had https://github.com/SymbiFlow/symbiflow-arch-defs/pull/308 open around xc7 FF sim models...00:27
tpbTitle: WIP: Starting to add sim models for XC7 flipflops. by mithro · Pull Request #308 · SymbiFlow/symbiflow-arch-defs · GitHub (at github.com)00:27
mithrolitghost: Haven't had a chance to get back to fixing that up00:28
mithrolitghost: I updated https://github.com/SymbiFlow/symbiflow-arch-defs/pull/308/files now00:56
tpbTitle: Starting to add sim models for XC7 flipflops. by mithro · Pull Request #308 · SymbiFlow/symbiflow-arch-defs · GitHub (at github.com)00:56
*** Ultrasauce has quit IRC01:11
mithrolitghost: Should the image targets still exist?01:17
*** _whitelogger has quit IRC01:58
*** _whitelogger has joined #symbiflow02:01
*** Bertl is now known as Bertl_zZ02:13
*** _whitelogger has quit IRC02:34
*** _whitelogger has joined #symbiflow02:37
*** citypw has joined #symbiflow03:30
*** Vonter has quit IRC05:11
sf-slack<saisumanthkalluri> Here is my draft proposal for GSoC'19. Can I please get some feedback?  I only have a few hours left until submission and I had discovered the project very late. Any kind of help can be extremely useful.   Thank you Sumanth   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gIVqEjFpCwHY7Ty9Ixy6fn3vC9bNqBluhIYIs4Bjq1o/edit?usp=drivesdk05:13
tpbTitle: GSoC’19 Project Proposal - Google Docs (at docs.google.com)05:13
*** Prayas has joined #symbiflow06:17
*** Vonter has joined #symbiflow06:18
*** proteusguy has joined #symbiflow06:18
*** Prayas_ has joined #symbiflow06:21
*** proteusguy has quit IRC06:23
*** Prayas_ has quit IRC06:40
*** OmniMancer has joined #symbiflow06:52
*** OmniMancer has quit IRC06:57
*** OmniMancer has joined #symbiflow06:59
*** OmniMancer has joined #symbiflow07:00
*** proteusguy has joined #symbiflow07:18
*** shenki has quit IRC07:23
*** shenki has joined #symbiflow07:23
*** noopwafel has quit IRC07:24
*** noopwafel has joined #symbiflow07:25
*** proteusguy has quit IRC07:34
*** proteusguy has joined #symbiflow07:54
*** sxpert has quit IRC07:54
*** sxpert has joined #symbiflow07:55
*** celadon has quit IRC08:31
*** celadon has joined #symbiflow08:31
*** Prayas has quit IRC09:30
duck2hello, I uploaded https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bxVSlnD2vfiWvrIwesxh0HMK4LLZORN8s4ZDm8yQ5WY as a final proposal. I will be around until the deadline in case something is wrong.10:56
tpbTitle: GSoC Proposal: Optimization of VPR File Formats - Google Docs (at docs.google.com)10:56
*** Bertl_zZ is now known as Bertl11:14
*** futarisIRCcloud has quit IRC11:28
*** proteusguy has quit IRC11:48
sf-slack<risto.pejasinovic> I had to re-evaluate my time and unfortunately I will not apply for GSoC. I will prioritize finishing exams and bachelor thesis, also probably will be in full time position during summer. I don't want to get myself in situation to fail any of these activities. However I am still going to work on proposed project on my spare time, so your help won't be in vain. Thanks to all for help.11:57
*** citypw has quit IRC12:01
*** analognoise has quit IRC12:08
*** analognoise has joined #symbiflow12:09
sf-slack<arora.prayas> Hi All, I am attaching a link to my GSoC proposal doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uEnLA_ENF6aX2EBZDloRRUhM6_oVbQ1Q9-zTc7MK9bg/edit?usp=sharing12:20
tpbTitle: GSoC19 Project proposal: Convert the Verilog to Routing test runner from Perl to Python - Google Docs (at docs.google.com)12:20
sf-slack<arora.prayas> I still have 3 hours left before the deadline. Any feedback would highly appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:12:21
*** Islam has joined #symbiflow12:44
*** proteusguy has joined #symbiflow13:10
*** Islam has quit IRC13:44
*** analognoise has quit IRC15:24
*** OmniMancer has quit IRC15:47
*** auto-autocrat has joined #symbiflow16:07
sf-slack<mkurc> @litghost So I guess we can talk about the foreign keys on the IRC16:41
litghostmkurc: Indded16:41
sf-slack<mkurc> First of all I am not very familiar with the SQL, but I know the concept of primary keys and foreign keys.16:42
sf-slack<mkurc> The reason I didn't use them is that I wanted to have a grid location map which is separate from the tile table16:42
litghostmkurc: A general priniciple of normalized data is to not repeat data16:42
litghostmkurc: If you want to relate two tables, foreign keys are how you do it16:42
sf-slack<mkurc> Yes, I know16:43
litghostmkurc: In a 1:1 or 1:many relationship, you would typically embedded the foreign key in the "1" table16:43
litghostmkurc: Given that tile remapping is actually a many:many relationship, having a seperate table for the map makes the most sense16:43
litghostmkurc: And because there is a many to many relationship, foreign keys are less ambiguous than coordinates16:44
sf-slack<mkurc> Yes, but i was thinking: what if there is a location when there is no tile and you still want to know where that location maps to.16:44
sf-slack<mkurc> *where16:44
litghostmkurc: All tiles, even empty tiles, should have a row in either the phy_tile or tile table16:45
litghostmkurc: I guess I should clarify16:45
sf-slack<mkurc> Ok, so there will never be any "holes" in the grid ?16:45
litghostmkurc: NULL tiles which have no fly over wires or pips don't need to be represented16:45
litghostmkurc: This is because nothing would ever refer to them16:45
litghostmkurc: However VBRK tiles should have an entry, because there are pips and wires in those tiles, but no sites16:46
sf-slack<mkurc> mhm16:46
litghostmkurc: No, both vivado and VPR have no holes in their grid16:46
litghostmkurc: Vivado has "NULL" and VPR has "EMPTY"16:46
litghostmkurc: Whether we choose to have a row in the database for those tiles is up to us16:47
sf-slack<mkurc> Ok, so I guess that it solves my concern about using foreign keys.16:48
sf-slack<mkurc> I will implement the solution you propose.16:48
litghostmkurc: How did you represent the pip VPR -> Vivado lookup?16:49
litghoste.g. reverse lookup16:49
sf-slack<mkurc> Haven't yet done it16:49
litghostmkurc: Okay16:50
sf-slack<mkurc> I have only location mapping which allows to change location of tiles. Nothing more for now16:50
litghostmkurc: Okay, good start.  I recommend starting to think about how you want to handle the pip and site split16:51
sf-slack<mkurc> The issue I am having right now is that once I integrated the location mapping with your change which introduced the constant network, the VPR fails to route to those constants in some cases.16:52
sf-slack<mkurc> For example: When I shift the whole grid east by eg. 10 locations (by generating appropriate map) then routing to consts fails.16:53
sf-slack<mkurc> However, when I shift the whole grid north by 10 location is succeeds.16:53
sf-slack<mkurc> And I am puzzled because I think I identified all places when the location mapping occurs. All stuff related to creating the const. network operates on tiles which have the new locations.16:55
litghostmkurc: I'll take a look and see if I can find something17:02
sf-slack<mkurc> I pushed most recent code: https://github.com/SymbiFlow/symbiflow-arch-defs/pull/53717:03
tpbTitle: WIP: Tile grid location mapping by mkurc-ant · Pull Request #537 · SymbiFlow/symbiflow-arch-defs · GitHub (at github.com)17:03
sf-slack<mkurc> @litghost Right now it shifts the whole grid to the east by 2 tiles.17:04
litghostmkurc: ok17:04
sf-slack<mkurc> @litghost I have a question: I've seen in the VPR gui that the synthetic VCC and GND tiles have OPIN facing north. But channels for the constant are formed as vertical (CHANY) tracks for every column (I presume) and there is one CHANX at the very top of the grid (north). Shouldn't the OPIN be facing east or west ?17:07
litghostmkurc: Possible, but I believe an error is generated if the VCC/GND tile cannot be connected17:07
litghostmkurc: Lemme look17:08
sf-slack<mkurc> @litghost Ok.17:08
litghostmkurc: https://github.com/SymbiFlow/symbiflow-arch-defs/blob/master/xc7/utils/prjxray_routing_import.py#L33317:09
tpbTitle: symbiflow-arch-defs/prjxray_routing_import.py at master · SymbiFlow/symbiflow-arch-defs · GitHub (at github.com)17:09
litghostmkurc: It will generate an assertion error if a synthetic tile fails to connect17:09
sf-slack<mkurc> @litghost Ok.17:11
mithroduck2: You might find this page interesting -> http://rapidsmith.sourceforge.net/doc/TechReportAndDocumentation.htm#_Bitstreams_in_RapidSmith it has info on the device definitions used in rapidsmith for various xilinx parts17:27
duck2looking at it17:31
sf-slack<acomodi> update on equivalent tiles: finally with some other workarounds I could get to the end of VPR flow. I need to slightly rethink how the pin mapping is accessed, but right now I have a clearer idea on what was the issue17:54
sf-slack<acomodi> Basically the application of the mapping has to be extended to some utility functions in VPR and there is the need to have also a bidarectional map to come back from the pin of the equivalent type to the pin of the original type18:14
duck2so this project gets xdl to dump all connections and pips(rr_graph+arch.xml?) and compresses it into some form of tileconn.json, and then it can use that tileconn to route?18:24
hackerfooAre there any Nix (https://nixos.org/nix/) users here?18:25
tpbTitle: Nix: The Purely Functional Package Manager (at nixos.org)18:25
sf-slack<mgielda> I was always interested to try but never got around to it18:36
hackerfoomgielda: https://github.com/SymbiFlow/symbiflow-arch-defs/pull/56318:47
tpbTitle: Add a shell.nix to allow developing with Nix by HackerFoo · Pull Request #563 · SymbiFlow/symbiflow-arch-defs · GitHub (at github.com)18:47
hackerfooNix is the coolest dev tool I've seen since git.18:48
hackerfoo(or, really, Darcs, but more people are familiar with Git.)18:49
mithrohackerfoo: Darcs taught me to never use a tool written in haskell18:49
hackerfooIt's gotten better, but unfortunately too late so it's irrelevant now.18:50
hackerfooBut I am also hesitant to use anything that uses Stack.18:51
tpbTitle: Home - The Haskell Tool Stack (at docs.haskellstack.org)18:52
hackerfooThe consumer of infinite RAM and disk space.18:52
hackerfooThis is what happens when language-specific packaging tools don't cooperate. It seems to insist on building a special version of GHC and all dependencies for each project.18:54
hackerfooEven with the correct version of GHC installed globally.18:55
*** auto-autocrat has quit IRC19:50
*** futarisIRCcloud has joined #symbiflow22:47
mithroduck2: Can you see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sa3xjAKJxZW8S72NU7HndPksgWhxBFv0VnfcOz0_woY/edit#heading=h.szmu2gblposv ?22:58
tpbTitle: FPGA PnR tool terminology - Google Docs (at docs.google.com)22:58

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.13.1 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!